Monday, January 7, 2008

Rush

I can’t get the song “Freewill” by Rush off my mind right now. I just love that song. I didn’t know about the Rush band when I was still in the Philippines until I saw their concert at Coors Amphitheater here in San Diego last year. I probably heard their songs on the radio before but maybe I didn’t really care. My husband is a big fan of Rush and of course, he really enjoyed the concert at that time. I did enjoy too. The place was crowded with many fans. From then on, I began to like their songs. Rush is a Canadian band consists of three great musicians, Geddy Lee (vocalist), Alex Lifeson (the guitarist) and Neil Peart (drummer). Imagine, there are only three in a group. I know there are some groups comprising of three musicians like the popular band Nirvana. But Rush has its own style of music. The vocalist does the bass guitar and the keyboard “ the synthesizer” using his foot. Their style is from hard rock to progressive rock. However, I consider Neil Peart as one of the greatest drummers in the history of rock. He plays drums very good with his own style. Check out this song from Rush:

No comments: