Saturday, January 12, 2008

Biko



Biko is a Filipino dessert.I had this biko (shown above) on Christmas day. But I forgot to post this picture on my blog since then. It was given by one of my Filipino friends here in my place. It was really yummy. For those who want to know how to cook biko, here is the simple recipe:

4 cups of sweet rice ( sticky) or more (it depends on your preference)
1lb. brown sugar
2 cups coconut milk
condensed milk ( topings, optional)

Cook the rice in the rice cooker while waiting boil the coconut milk and mix with the sugar. Keep stirring until it gets very sticky. Scoop some juice for topings. mix with the rice. Leave it for 15 mins. on the pan or bake it, if you want ( 20 mins.) then put the toppings. Enjoy it with hot coffee or hot chocolate.


1 comment:

Liz said...

I love Biko! Hmmmm... ginugutom na naman ako hehe.

Blogwalking from Eds. Have a nice day.