Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Detoxification

I started to be more conscious with my health when I became a vegetarian. And now I am on the way to be a vegan. It takes time, efforts and sacrifices to go that route. But once you are there, it’s worth it. Today, I would to talk to about detoxification. Detoxification is the removal of toxic substances in our body. This may sound so vague to you. You might be thinking about taking some cleansing medicine. Well, I have another alternative for you. They are detox foods that contain cleansing agents. Eating clean will give you a fresh start.
  • Green Leafy vegetables- I love these vegetables, especially
  • “Malunggay”. I know malunggay has cleansing effects to our body. It can even heal a wound. Eat the green leafy vegetables raw, throw them into a broth, and add them to juices. Their chlorophyll helps mop out ecological toxins (heavy metals, pesticides) and protects the liver.
  • Lemons - It contains vitamin C- the detox vitamin. It helps convert the toxics to a water soluble substance so it can easily be flushed away.
  • Green Tea- I love tea. This antioxidant-rich brew is one of the healthiest ways to get more fluids into your system. It contains catechin that speed up liver activities
  • Broccoli sprouts - They are 20 to 50 times more cancer-fighting, enzyme-stimulating activity into each bite than the grown-up vegetable.
  • Cabbage - There are two main types of detoxifying enzymes in the liver; this potent veggie helps activate both of them. I love cabbage so much, may it be raw or cooked.
  • Fruits - rich in vitamin C, fiber, nutritious fluids, and all kinds of antioxidants.
  • Garlic - it gives benefits to cardio or heart, it activates liver enzymes that help filter out junk. I really love garlic. I don’t know if I can eat without it. Hehe just teasing. I love roasted garlic. It is so mouthwatering.

That’s all people! Make sure you have these foods in your list before you go to the grocery. Have a good chow!

1 comment:

college board said...

Interesting article. Well when there is so much a new. Thanks, simply class