Saturday, February 2, 2008

Groundhog day!

Groundhog day is a holiday celebrated in the U.S every February 2nd in Philadelphia. The legend says if a groundhog sees its shadow there will be six more weeks of winter. The Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow today (Saturday) and showing to forecast six more weeks of winter. The belief is that if no shadow was seen, legend said spring would come early. It reminds me of the movie "Groundhog Day" by Bill Murray. In fact, me and my husband saw it again yesterday in our dvd. The tradition had basically been a German superstition. Now, people enjoy and celebrate this event. In my own opinion, I don't really believe this superstition. I am sure the rodent sees his shadow because of the lights shining over the scene. But we will see what's gonna happen. I can't wait for Spring time!

No comments: