Thursday, December 6, 2007

a little about Philippines

Today, I thought of my birthplace Philippines is one of a kind. The Philippine archipelago consists of 7, 107 islands. Geographically, it is located in Southeast of Asia. I remember the Miss Universe ’94 was held in Manila, which is the capital city of the Philippines. Charlene Gonzales, a candidate, was asked how many islands in the Philippines. And she answered with wit, “ high tide or low tide?”. I was amazed at that time when she said that.

Philippines is a tropical place. I love the beaches, mountains, etc. I remember when I used to work in a non-profit organization, I enjoyed exploring in different places with a great variety of sceneries. Philippines is divided into three regions; Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. And there are over 100 dialects. The national language is Tagalog. It is amazing that English is the second language.

Speaking of places, there are many beautiful sceneries in every island of the Philippines in which I would love to see some of them someday.


No comments: