Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Resiklo (Recycle) movie


I was looking at the Manila film festival in the net and I came across with the list of the movies showing in the theaters in the Philippines for this holiday season. The movie that struck me most is Resiklo. They said it is “the most expensive movie of the year in the Philippines ever”. Resiklo means recycle. The story was about an alien invasion happens in 2021. The whole world was mostly destroyed. In the Philippines, survivors stayed in the place called " Paraiso". An ex-army colonel fights and defends against alien invaders "the Balangs" and the mutants called the "Mutanos". The ex-colonel and other survivors join forces and engineered recycled parts of machines and computers. The human spirit and courage reveal to fight against invaders that devastated the place they called home. This movie is from the same producer of the movie " Agimat and Exodus, from the same director of "Encantadia" and "Atlantika". It is under the IMUS Productions and Ignite Media. It is starring by Bong Revilla, Dingdong Dantes, Paolo Contes, Benjie Paras and Jennilyn Mercado.

I found this movie as an imitation of the movie "transformers" because of the presence of computer generated robots and is also trying to make it like star wars fighting against evil forces. I would say that the effects are definitely the best in the history of the Philippine movie industry. However, the 2021 setting is not futuristic enough. It wasn’t a very good concept. I do think Filipinos could enjoy mostly the visual effects of this entire movie. There are some scenes in the movie that seemed like a game station to me. But at least they are trying. I was having a hard time to give my opinion about this movie but as I watched the trailer over and over again, I started to like it. Even though, there is no originality of the story of this movie, but I can say the effects had really amazed me.

1 comment:

hfnl/jtld said...

oi researcher kaayo akong miga dah.

ako la research oi.lisod kay busy ang life.