Friday, October 14, 2011

Mom's Advice

Thanks for the guest post by Jo Levy

My mom is the smartest businessperson I know and she’s done me a lot of good in the short time I’ve owned my own shoe store. It’s always been my dream to do something like this so naturally I went right to my mom when I thought of starting up the shop – boy, was that the best decision ever! She talked to me about all the logistical stuff; the taxes, small business xo, my accountant, and made sure I had my head on straight and that my expectations were realistic before I got too far in my planning. We ironed out a lot of kinks before I ever even opened up the doors to the shoe store which saved me a lot of hassles in the long run. I love my mom and I consider her my silent business partner even though she doesn’t have any money in the game. I would give her the shirt off my back and I know she’d do the same thing for me which is what I call support!

No comments: